Friday, March 4, 2011

I may not have a kid, but that doesn't mean I'm not a mom...

As most of my friends know I am just not quite sure that the whole "children" thing is something that I want for my future.  And I know you can never understand the love of something until you have your own..blah, blah, blah.  But the thing is I do have my own.  I have Gigi!!  The most FAB! dog in the universe.

While in the vet office I was thinking about how I may not be a mother to a human, but I am still a mother. Here I was sitting in the office with my very scared fury child getting her yearly shots and I see an article about grandparents who love their "granddogs".  In case you don't know it's "baby boomers without grandkids and pets are the next best thing".  See even Dog Fancy gets it!

I later then had to take care of my very sick and sore child the rest of the evening.  I was even up at 4:30 am cleaning up her upset stomach and behind all the while making sure she knew I knew it wasn't her fault.  The whole day she has spent sleeping and limping around while I carry her up and down the stairs cause she can't do it herself.  If that isn't motherly love I don't know what else is.

So I thought I would compile a list of successful women, who have made the choice to not have kids and have their Doggie Children instead, and quite frankly don't give a damn when people go "so you really don't want kids????"

1. Oprah...She doesn't need a husband or kids!  Sadie is perfect for her
2. Jennifer Aniston...just wish the media would lay off her and her precious Norman
3. Jessica Biel...Hello Justin and her bitbull Tina...sounds like she got her sexy back!
4. Eva Mendes...Awesome Latin woman who loves her Hugo
5. Rachel Ray...Her dog Isaboo even has it's own line of dog food!

2 comments:

  1. this word FAB, is it a southern term? and btw, gigi has nothing on tator...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was gigi smoking cigars again and that is why she had to go to the vet? I think yes.

    ReplyDelete