So this year I am completely swamped with weddings and babies...it's complete overload but in a good way. I am happy for my friends and as long as they don't get too bridezilla everything will be FAB! But I am just itching to do something different this summer.
Every year I try to make a summer resolution. Last year it was to go to the beach more often, since I live there and I think I did very well. I even had a Beach Field Day for my 31st birthday. So this summer, I want to play tourist, but in a good way. No I won't have my fanny pack but I will have my camera. So I am starting my list of what I want I want to see and do in my area. I mean is 13 million people can come and do it, why can't I as a local?
1. Go to Alligator Adventure. I have never been and my whole family went a couple of times when I was a kid. I have no idea how I got left out. However, I will be skipping the snake exhibit. But they do have Gators, and Turtles, and Beavers! Oh My!
2. Visit Bald Head Island, NC. First of all you get to take ferry over there...WAY COOL! And I love little villages with great little cafes and shops. I think it sounds like a great afternoon, especially if I can incorporate a round of golf as well!
3. I have said this before and it really should be my number #1...Hopsewee House for a plantation tour and and afternoon tea with my girls. I do not drink hot tea (only the sweet stuff), but there is always a first for everything.
4. The old Dixie Stampede will now be the Pirates Voyage. I am a sucker for dinner and shows, so I will have to see if the new Pirates are just as good as the Horse Trick Riding.
5. I want to go to Charleston and check out the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka factory...The two subjects in that sentence just sounds FAB! let's see...Charleston (check) & Sweet Tea Vodka (check)!