Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Top Beauty Must Haves

I was going to start this week's post by listing all the things I am wanting Santa to bring me.  A list that I do every year to not only humor myself, but my family.  However, it's just not finished yet so there will be a slight delay on that.  I was however putting my list together on some beauty products that I need to pick up because if I don't have them I will die.  These are my go to products that will always be in my regimine.



MY TOP BEAUTY MUSTS:
Clinique 7 Day Scrub.  This gritty cleanser really makes your face feel awesome as soon as you wash it off.  Great after a lot of sun exposure and hot summers!

 I have tried just about every single type of lip plumper on the market.  I have spent large amounts of money testing products just so I don't have to get a needle injected.  I have found that this is the best plumper out there.  Physicians Formula Plump Potion in Clear.  It will sting a little the first couple of uses but hey, it's working!  And don't get the tinted versions, they don't work nearly as well as the clear.




An oldie but a goody!  The Maybeline Great Lash Mascara.  It's the same stuff your mom and probably your grandmother used and it stands the test of time because it's the best.
Everyone has a signature scent.  Now, I don't know how I came about this fragrance.  I believe I was in a perfume store with some friends and I asked the sales lady for something different and that nobody would copy.  She gave me Fred Hayman's Touch.  I have probably been wearing it for close to 8-10 years.  And through the years I think I have about 4-10 friends all wearing it.  So much for not copying...love you girls!





 

I was Christmas shopping with a friend (who is jewish..ironic I know) when we stopped in Bath and Body Works and she showed me the greatest tweezers I have ever used.  I have had them now for about 2 years and they stay as stiff and intact as the first day I got them.  To top it off they are super cheap, only $8.00.  Right now they are having Buy 2 get 1 FREE!  I think that is a stocking stuffer must!




I have signature scent and I also have a signature nail color.  My ladies at the nail salon (CK NAILS) know that this is my color and I very rarely change my mind.  Well at least in the fall and winter.  The color is Mrs. O'Leary BBQ by OPI.  Pretty random name, but a pretty FAB! color



Everyone always asks how do I get my hair to be so soft.  Well I have been using this product for about 10 years as well.  It's Redken's Anti-Snap.  I'm someone who is constantly abusing my hair with high heat between my blow dryer and my flat iron (which would be the one product I would trade for all of these on the list and even thought of an "ode to my flat iron" post but then I realized that was a little ridiculous).  The anti-snap does exactly what it is named for, to protect and it also smells FAB!





Last but not least we have the Bare Minerals.  I haven't been known to have the greatest skin, however using this instead of a liquid foundation and powder seriously has done wonders for my skin.  If you haven't seen the infomercial on Sunday mornings or at 2am I highly suggest going to their site to look at the demo video.  I can't do it as much justice as the video can.  And I can honestly say it does exactly what they say it should.



0 comments:

Post a Comment